Articles worth reading
Image : 3 different ways to face cancer

3 different ways to face cancer

person Orange Themes access_time 31-07-2017, 17:50

MANILA, Philippines— How do we beat cancer? Cancer remains as a national health priority in the Philippines.

Image : Palace: Let CIDG’s Marcos do his job

Palace: Let CIDG’s Marcos do his job

person Orange Themes access_time 28-07-2017, 00:10

MANILA, Philippines - Just let him do his job.

Image : Man City's Aguero suffers broken rib in Netherlands car crash

Man City's Aguero suffers broken rib in Netherlands car crash

person Orange Themes access_time 29-09-2017, 22:30

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero suffered a broken rib in a car crash in the Netherlands, the club's manager Pep Guardiola confirmed on Friday. Aguero sustained the injury after a taxi taking him to an Amsterdam airport following a music

Latest blog articles

Trillanes revives allegations on Duterte bank accounts

access_time 16-02-2017, 10:38 chat_bubble_outline 114 views
Trillanes revives allegations on Duterte bank accounts

Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV reopens the issue of President Duterte having more than P2 billion in his bank account. Philstar.com/File photo
MANILA, Philippines — Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV said on Thursday that he will resign if his allegations that President Rodrigo Duterte has about P2 billion in his bank account is proven wrong.
 
"Kung mali ako, ako ay mag re-resign dito sa Senado," Trillanes said in a phone interview with DZMM. He claims to have copies of documents that he said show details of bank accounts held by the Duterte family.
 
Trillanes said that money in President Duterte's bank account reached about P2.4 billion from 2006 to 2015. He said the money came from illegal activities.
 
"Ilabas niya yung transaction history ng bank accounts niya," Trillanes said.
 
Trillanes then called on Duterte supporters to persuade the president to release records of his bank transactions.
 
Chief presidential legal adviser Salvador Panelo meanwhile, said the supposed billions in Duterte's accounts are an old story and that Trillanes is just looking for publicity.
 
"Noon, sinabi na ng BPI na fake 'yun," Panelo said.
 
The Bank of the Philippine Islands said in May 2016 that documents that Trillanes showed then did not come from the bank. The Anti-Money Laundering Council and  Bangko sentral ng Pilipinas also denied any involvement in the leak of supposed bank information.
 
Panel added that the president already challenged the AMLC to file a case against him if what Trillanes is saying is true.
 
"Hindi naman nilabas ng AMLC, so ibig sabihin, hindi totoo," Panelo said.
 
He added that Trillanes should just resign and not wait for his allegations to be proven wrong.
 
Trillanes: Old issue but needs to be addressed
 
Trillanes however said that while the issue is old, it has not yet been addressed.
 
He added that BPI requested one week to release the records but months have passed since then. The bank said then that it needed time to study whether it could release information that Duterte had authorized it to by special power of attorney.
 
Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella meanwhile said that Trillanes should go to the proper authorities if he has something new to say on the issue.
 
"But as far as the Palace is concerned, it has already been addressed," Abella said in a phone interview with ANC.
 
He added that the president "has better things to do in his time than to be explaining something that have already been done in the past."
folder_open Assigned tags

Comments

Popular articles in the last hour